Amazon said it was cartridge only. Open the package to find the original case and Sega poster insert. AWESOME!
But its proving to be difficult since theres SO MUCH STUFF TO COVER!
Christmas Special Main: Streets of Rage - Roast Poultry
For the main of the Gourmet Gaming Christmas meal it’s obvious that I had to go with some kind of roast bird and I’ve had many requests for the chicken/turkey (nowhere seems to be able to decide which it is) from Streets of Rage. I grew up with Streets of Rage on my Sega Mega Drive and I would regularly play it with my childhood best friend. We were never able to complete it and it seemed I was to be eternally bested by the penultimate level… Until this year when I purchased the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection on Xbox 360 (in case you were wondering both myself and my co-op partner both said “No!” like the goody-two-shoes we are). I originally wanted to make this recipe with turkey so it would be more festive but sadly at the time they weren’t readily available in the stores, however this recipe works very well for either fowl.
What you will need: Large roasting tray and a wooden skewer.
1 Small Chicken/Turkey
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Lemon or Orange
Handful of Fresh Parsley
5 Garlic Cloves
2 Celery Sticks
1 Large Onion
2 Bay Leafs
Salt & Pepper
Preparing the Roast:
- Preheat the oven on its maximum temperature. Chop the carrots, celery and onion roughly and line the bottom of the roasting tray with them.
- Place the bird on top – if it’s legs are tied down, untie them and push them up into the air. Slide the wooden skewer through the flesh on the back of the legs, through the body and out the legs on the other side to help support them and keep them upright.
- With a sharp knife, slice a few holes into the lemon then pop it in cavity along with a few cloves of garlic, the parsley and two bay leafs. Make sure you don’t over stuff and that there’s still room otherwise the bird wont cook evenly!
- Rub butter over the skin, season with salt & pepper then pour over a little olive oil.
- Place the bird in the oven then turn the temperature down immediately to 200C/400F and cook as per the time-to-weight instructions of your bird.
- After 90 minutes, begin basting the bird every 20 minutes until it’s finished cooking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes, serve with your favourite roast vegetables.
I decided to keep the chicken quite simple so it would reflect the in-game bird which, actually, looks more like a chocolate bird than anything else. I couldn’t eat the chicken, but I was assured it was moist and delicious. Next time I might try calling for back-up and use the flames from a tirade of air-to-ground missiles to cook my Christmas dinner.
This could not arrive at a more perfect time! I’ve been on an 3-day and on going Streets of Rage marathon and seeing this makes me hungry! Next recipe should be just a plate with an apple on it :P